An angry encounter with a close friend, who will remain nameless for obvious reasons, got me thinking. Thinking about useless, empty, cavanous emotions that eat away at us and destroy our perspective on life. One such emotion is good old Jealousy, such a futile emotion that causes such destruction. The friend in question often adopts a Jekyll and Hyde-esque approach to things, meaning I'm often uncertain as to the response I'll get about the most futile of subjects. Crunching around on my metaphorical eggshells is not generally something I am that accustomed to, but even I, in all my feisty glory, find myself doing exactly this at times to keep the peace. But, with patience waning and curiosity as to the origin of these explosions, I can't help wondering whether jealousy is in someway a cause, or is it insecurity, or a finely tuned mix of both.
So, whilst thinking over the past few days, having been on the receiving end of another rather impassioned vitriol, and having applied a modicum of psychoanalysis (gleaned from my "psychology for dummies" book), I've come the conclusion that much of the anger and hatred in this world stems from jealousy. The burning ephagies of bankers, with their acerbic banners of "burn the banker" alongside them, are proof of this. Last summers riots in London, the eviscerated streets of the inner city, reminents of burnt cars and smashed shops that had fallen foul to masked raiders, are proof of this. The May Day riots, to me just socialist code for green haired swamp donkeys,(my own term for the great unwashed), that wish to deface public property and cause unrest, under the guise of opposing capitalism, are just another example of jealousy.
I could pursue this line of thought for many more blogs, as it is something I feel very strongly about, but with time being a commodity in short supply for me, I'll round it up.
Don't be jealous, be happy with who you are, if you aren't happy with who you are in life, only you can change that, everyone has the power to take control of their own destiny. It takes effort, things don't come easily, but think how much more fulfilling achievement is in life, rather than wasting it on empty emotions. And, remember, ethics are what you have when no one is around.
Goodnight
Miss McArbitrage
No comments:
Post a Comment